Thursday, May 10, 2012

Let Go

I learned this week how quickly things can turn around. Right in the middle of what I had already deemed the worst week ever, I smiled. 
It had started off as a bad week as each day brought something new, and by new I don't mean good. I held my breath on the third day as I waited for more bad news, but it never came. Instead, we got approved for the apartment we wanted, I got a call about a job interview, and a baby was born on a birthday we were already celebrating for another. Literally all of the bad news we had received over the course of the week was turned around in the span of a few hours. It's hard to know what to attribute the happenings of yesterday to-- luck, fate, faith, chance? 
The truth is I had been preaching "it all happens for a reason" all week, but even I was losing my stamina as I sat on the bed and waited for another bomb to drop. With a few phone calls received, the bomb never dropped. It just goes to show that even when we lose faith, something happens to remind us that there are higher powers at work. We can't know everything and sometimes we just have to let fate take over and show us what is supposed to happen. It's no use worrying over things you can't change. Sometimes letting go is the best thing you can do. We always think we have control but at times it takes things outside of our power to remind us that we don't. 
I do believe that everything happens for a reason, but it doesn't mean that I don't get discouraged. It doesn't mean that I can't fall off the wagon. But sometimes you just have to let someone else take over and trust that it will all work out. Giving up isn't the same as letting go. When we let go, we allow opportunities to come to us, we allow the world to show us what it is we truly need. We let fate take action, and while letting go can be the hardest and scariest thing to do, I believe that in the end it is all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment